Results for the Year to January 2015
NEXT has had another good year. Sales for NEXT Directory, our online and catalogue business, increased by 12% and NEXT Retail by 5%. Total group sales rose 7% and reached £4 billion for the first time.
Financial highlights are as follows:
- Total sales £4,028m, up 7.2%
- Underlying profit before tax £782m, up 12.5%
- Underlying earnings per share 419.8p, up 14.7%
- Net cash inflow £363m, before special dividends of £223m and share buybacks of £138m
- Final ordinary dividend 100p, making 150p total for the year, up 16.3%
For 2015 two special dividends have been announced; 50p was paid in February and a further 60p will be paid in May. We will continue to return surplus cash to shareholders through either special dividends or share buybacks.